Monday, November 11, 2013

Giorno sei

11/11/2013

Today I have come  the the realization that this trip is flying so fast that it is impossible to write all of the events that happen. I have less than two weeks, and I will be on  a plane back to reality. Although I love it here, I am very excited that my mom will be here on Friday. A piece of home wouldn't be a bad thing at all right now.

This last weekend Molly and I were searching for events happening to fulfill one of our photography assignments. So, we ended up in Firenze (florence) for a tattoo convention. I have always considered body modification a form of art, but after this weekend it isn't even a question for me. One aspect I love about being an artist is that other artists always seem to find one another. It is the same with tattoos. Lovers of body modification will always find one another because they have something they adore in common. Some may see body modification as a sin, brutal, and even disgusting, but I have never seen that many people co-exist so peacefully and respect one another with such passion.

Halloween in Italy is a little bit on the sad side compared to the U.S. Rosa asked if we would go to her house and make treats from home. So, with the limited resources we had, we taught Rosa and her family how to bake chocolate chip cookies. Turns out Italians think peanut butter is awful (apparently they are not human ;)) so, the peanut butter cookies were not a huge success. Upon making treats, I realized that everything in America truly is super sized. I know we are always told this, but to actually see it is a different story. The size of the cookies horrified all of them because it is so much. Then, on halloween Rosa took us to a big halloween bash. Not everyone wears costumes here, it is a choice which is nice, but I wish we could all show them how it is really done. My favorite part about going to disco's in Italy is seeing all of these Italian people singing english songs without knowing the meaning of the words they are speaking. It gives one a new perspective on entertainment.

The one thing that all of us were having a hard time without was fall. We would spend hours in our free time just discussing what we missed the most about this time of year. Molly found us pumpkins to carve and we were able to convince Pauola to let us bake the seeds. That helped my longing a lot. Then a week after Halloween the leaves began to change colors on some of the trees and through the grape orchards. It was beautiful.

We are currently focusing on Photography. Davide (one of the Vasta's that runs the Villa) is a professional video maker. He gave us a presentation on time lapse. Since his presentation we have all been playing around with time lapse and Dave (our photography professor) has been helping us to make the proper editing of the works we have made. I have learned a lot and have way too may pictures to edit and share. In the last two weeks we have seen some of the most beautiful places, and I am so thankful to be able to photograph them. Hopefully I will be done editing soon so that I can share them with the rest of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment